Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Baking Day

I got some great deals this week on muffin and pancake mixes. So I decided to make some today. I bought a box of muffin mix for .99, and I made 12 muffins. The kids ate some and I froze some for later.

After that Todd and I started on the pancakes. I got a box of pancake mix for .79 and we made the entire box.


We ended up with nearly 40 pancakes. I put them in freezer bags and froze them. Now all I have to do is take them out and warm them in the microwave when the kids want a pancake. I am really thrilled about this because if you bought frozen pancakes at the store, you would spend about 1.79 or more for a box of 10. I got 40 frozen pancakes for 79 cents!

The next thing that we made were yeast rolls. I used the recipe from here. http://afewshortcuts.com/2009/08/tide-you-over-tuesday-pepperoni-rolls/


These rolls came out so yummy! They didn't look as pretty as I would have liked and didn't rise like I wanted them to. I will make a few changes next time around. I cooked 9 (hubby already ate one), and I froze the rest for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment