Thursday, October 7, 2010

Potatoes with bacon and cheese


This is one of my favorite recipes. I love potatoes, bacon, and cheese!

I started with 5-6 small red potatoes and cut them in small pieces. You can do more or less based on how many people you are feeding. Place them in a greased dish in a even layer. Add salt, pepper, butter, and a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).


Place them in the oven on about 350 degrees and cook until they are soft.

While they are cooking fry some bacon. I used turkey bacon and no one knew the difference. Plus I got a pound of it on sale at Kroger a few weeks ago for only $1.



When the bacon is done, break it into small pieces and crumble over the soft potatoes and add some shredded cheddar cheese. I have also known some people to add some ranch dressing over the potatoes too.




At this point, I place them back in the oven and allow the cheese to melt.

Take them out and enjoy! YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment