Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home Run!!!


I think I hit a home run today! Sometimes I try something new and it doesn’t always work out, and my family politely says, “it was okay”. Well today the something new that I tried was “awesome”.

I had gotten some cream cheese at the store for free thanks to an awesome Kraft coupon and a sale at Kroger, and I was determined to find some awesome recipes to use my cream cheese.

This was the end result. It smelled and tasted wonderful!


First of all I made my own crescent rolls. Feel free to use canned crescent rolls.

Crescent Rolls (Adapted from Golden Crescent Rolls on allrecepies.com)

  • 1 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 eggs
  • 1/4 butter
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
  2. Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 1 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1-1/2 hours).
  3. Punch down dough. Divide in half.

Now for the rest of the recipe. This is the recipe for Sopaipilla Cheesecake Bars from Food.com with my modifications. I also modified the name.

Crescent Cheesecake

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
  • Crescent roll recipe above or 1 pre-made tube of crescent rolls
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar

Using a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking pan, unroll 1/2 package of refrigerated crescent rolls or roll out ½ of the homemade dough mixture. Line the bottom of the pan and flatten, pinching seams together as you go. In a medium bowl, add together the cream cheese, sugar and extract. Mix til well blended. Spread mixture over the crescent rolls.

Unroll the rest of the crescent rolls or roll out the rest of your dough mixture and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

Pour one stick of melted butter over the top and sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool, eat at room temperature or serve chilled. Refrigerate any leftovers.

ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment