Monday, January 16, 2012

Pizza Sauce

I knew that later in the week we would be having pizza for supper one night, so I decided to go ahead and make the sauce so that it would be ready. I have created this recipe by combining several other recipes together and making a few adjustments. I am not sure if I have posted a pizza sauce recipe before, but if I have I'm sure this is a little different.

I begin with 1 1/2 cups of hot water. To that, I added 2 chicken bouillon cubes. (Anytime a savory recipe calls for water, it adds to the flavor if you use bouillon cubes or replace the water with chicken broth or stock.). From there, I added in my 6oz. can of tomato paste. I normally use Muir Glen organic tomato paste, because the taste of it is so much better, but I didn't have any on hand. At this point I also add 3-4 tbs. of extra virgin olive oil. Once you have all that blended together, you can add your seasonings. You can adjust these amounts based on your taste.
I add:
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1 1/2 tsp. pizza seasoning
1-2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Once all of your seasonings are mixed in, cover and let sit for at least an hour, so all the flavors can blend together. You can use now or refrigerate or freeze for future use. We usually have enough sauce for 4 pizzas from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment