Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap


I read an article the other day about how the hand soaps that we use have too many chemicals in them and how antibacterial soap was really not good for us to use. I checked prices of several natural soaps and they were outrageous, so I started searching the internet for a recipe for hand soap. We really do not like bar soap, it's just not convienient. So, here is the step by step directions to make liquid hand soap. Thank you to www.littlehouseliving.com for the recipe.




I started by bringing to boil 8 cups of water.



While the water was coming to a boil, I used my grater to grate 1/2 a bar of a natural soap that I purchased at the nutrition store. The bar cost me $4, so The cost for this hand soap is $2, since I only used 1/2 the bar.


When the water comes to a boil, stir in your grated soap and continue to stir until the soap is dissolved. At this point, you can add some essential oils to change the scent of the soap if you choose. I added some vanilla and a small drip of spearmint.


Remove from heat and place a lid on the pot and let it sit for up to 3 days or until it becomes thick.


When I was finished, I used some containers that I had to store the soap in. You cannot purchase this much hand soap at the store for $2, so I am happy with my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment