Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

It is a lazy Sunday afternoon at our house. We came home from church, ate some sandwiches, and everyone has been doing their own thing. Hubby fell asleep on the couch while watching the Reds play, Todd is playing on the computer, and the girls are doing what they always do and making a mess of their room. I was surfing the internet looking at recipes and blogs and ran across this blog post and was intrigued. The kids have been taking their lunch quite a bit this year so far and I am sick of sending the same old things already. Several things caught my eye in this post, but one thing inparticular did because I could make them right now ~ muffins!! The kids have been asking for me to make muffins for a while, so why not make them now! In years past, I would have said, "Oh no, I can't make muffins, I don't have muffin mix". Now, I would never dream of buying a muffin mix unless they were on sale and I could get it free with a coupon. It just isn't cost effective. I have everything in my house to make homemade muffins already, why go buy a mix? I googled muffin recipes and I decided on two. The first one is from Food Network and I have to admit they turned out awesome! It is Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. Then I looked around and noticed I had some bananas, so I decided on a banana muffin recipe. It was good, but not as good as the chocolate ones. I now have 22 muffins for my kids to eat for breakfast or to take in their lunch this week. Yummy!!! Now I am off to take a nap too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment